I had just interviewed at management consulting firms and believe the following skills are valuable:
– Any teaching experience?
– Any presentation experience?
Critical thinking skills
– Can you solve problems?
– What kind of experience/accomplishment have you had that demonstrates that you are an intelligent individual?
– Any leadership roles?
– Are you a team player?
– During the interview they will dive deeper and ask about a time when you have to resolve a conflict.
– Are you involved in any extracurricular groups/activities that demonstrate you can multi-task?
Previous consulting experience
– It demonstrates your interest in consulting and that you know what consulting is about
Finally, use active verbs like “investigated”, “conducted”, “lead”, and “organized”. Also be specific about the scale of the projects – use numbers, like “lead a 6-member team and conducted a competitive analysis of over 50 companies”. When applicable, highlight the result of the project.
Please login to submit your question